The ACMS postgraduate scholarship is awarded by Academy of Chinese Medicine, Singapore (“ACMS”) to outstanding Singapore registered TCM physicians who are keen to pursue either a Master’s degree or PhD programme in TCM offered by approved overseas universities OR a health care science related Master’s degree or PhD programme offered at local universities (part time). The scholarship aims to nurture a pool of talented physicians to help advance Singapore as a leading TCM research centre in the world.
- Singapore Citizens.
- Registered TCM practitioner under Singapore TCMPB.
- Full-time practitioner working for an accredited TCM organization with at least 2 years practicing experience or full-time student (TCM Practitioner).
- Possess excellent academic records and demonstrate outstanding personal behavior/conduct.
- Has an excellent track record in leadership and community service either within and/or outside the TCM profession.
- Satisfies criteria for and has gained admission into a full-time TCM Master’s degree or PhD programme at a university in PRC or a health care science related Master’s degree or PhD programme (part time) in a local university approved by the Academy. Should not start programme at the time of application.
- Has a strong interest in pursuing a research career in TCM.
- Has not hold any other scholarships, bursaries, study loans, grants or awards at the time of application.
- Has not been convicted in Singapore and/or other countries and is not under any criminal investigation at the point of application.
- No disciplinary record under TCMPB.
3. APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Applicant needs to submit the application form with a recent passport -sized photograph and attach a copy of the following documents to ACMS:
- A personal essay to describe applicant’s area/s of interest and motivation for pursuing a TCM research career.
- Photocopy of degree certificates and academic transcripts.
- Three Recommendation Letters (two of which must be academic referees).
- Any documents which support applicant’s track record/achievements in employment, community service or volunteer work.
- Indicate your NAME and NRIC number at the top right-hand corner of all documents before submission.
4. APPROVED INSTITUTIONS/UNIVERSITIES
Applicant may choose to study at overseas institutions or local universities accredited by ACMS.
5. COVERAGE AND AWARD TERMS
- Full coverage of tuition and other compulsory fee stipulated by the university/institution；
- Overseas TCM study: S$1,250/- per month or S$15,000/- per annum
- Local part time study: S$80/- per month or S$960/- per annum
- Annual book allowance of S$500/-;
- One-off economy class return airfare for travel between Singapore and place of study for the whole duration of study;
- One-off laptop allowance of S$1,500/-.
6. AWARD PERIOD
The Scholarship is tenable for one year in the first instance and is renewable on a yearly basis subjected to good academic performance. The maximum period of the Scholarship is 3 years for both Master’s and PhD scholars.
7. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Award recipient is encouraged to volunteer for the Academy for any research projects and ACMS activities.
- Scholarship recipient may not, without the approval of the Academy, hold concurrently any other scholarships, bursaries, study loans, grants or awards.
- Scholarship recipient’s academic performance will be reviewed every semester.
- The scholarship may be withdrawn at any time, in the opinion of the Scholarship committee, if the scholarship recipient’s progress, conduct or, TCM practice record is deemed unsatisfactory. A repayment, with the discretion of the Scholarship committee, may be imposed.
- If the scholarship recipient decides to terminate the award prematurely, a repayment, with the discretion of the Scholarship committee, may be imposed.
8. SERVICE COMMITMENT
Upon completion of studies, scholarship recipient is expected to contribute to the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) related industry/organization registered by TCMPB for a bond period of 3 years for both Master’s and PHD programme.
9. SELECTION PROCEDURE
10. APPLICATION PERIOD AND CLOSING DATE
- Application period: 25 November 2022 to 3 March 2023.
- All application forms with attached supporting documents must reach ACMS Secretariat by 5pm on 3 March 2023.
- Only shortlisted applicant will be informed for an interview via email by May 2023.