Academy of Chinese Medicine, Singapore (ACMS）awards Local TCM Training Award to its member to pursue a TCM Master’s degree or PhD programme at local TCM institutions. These courses are offered in collaboration with TCM universities in China. Through the award, ACMS aims to assist members who cannot commit to full-time TCM postgraduate study, to upgrade their academic competency and contribute to the future of local Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Associate or Ordinary Member of ACMS for more than 2 years; Actively participate in ACMS activities and has made positive contribution to ACMS.
- Registered TCM practitioner under Singapore TCMPB.
- Full-time practitioner working for an accredited TCM organization with at least 2 years practicing experience or full-time student (TCM Practitioner).
- Possess excellent academic records and demonstrate outstanding personal behavior/conduct.
- Has an excellent track record in leadership and community service either within and/or outside the TCM profession.
- Satisfies criteria for and has gained admission into a TCM Master’s degree or PhD programme approved by the Academy. Should not start programme at the time of application.
- Has a strong interest in pursuing a research career in TCM.
- Has not hold any other scholarships, bursaries, study loans, grants or awards at the time of application.
- Has not been convicted in Singapore and/or other countries and is not under any criminal investigation at the point of application.
- No disciplinary record under TCMPB.
3. APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Applicant needs to submit the application form with a recent passport sized photograph and attach a copy of the following documents to ACMS:
- A personal essay to describe applicant’s area/s of interest and motivation for pursuing a TCM research career;
- Photocopy of the official degree certificates and academic transcripts in English (if original is not in English), sealed and submitted directly to Academy;
- Three Recommendation Letters (two of which must be academic referees);
- Any documents which support applicant’s track record/achievements in employment, community service or volunteer work;
- Indicate your NAME and NRIC number at the top right-hand corner of all documents before submission.
4. APPROVED INSTITUTIONS/UNIVERSITIES
Applicant may choose to study TCM local Master/PhD programme accredited by ACMS.
5. COVERAGE AND AWARD TERMS
- Singaporean: 100% of tuition and other compulsory fee stipulated by the university/ institution;
- Singapore Permanent Resident: 60% of tuition and other compulsory fee stipulated by the university/institution;
- Annual transport allowance of S$960/-;
- Annual book allowance of S$500/-;
- One-off laptop allowance of S$1,500/-;
- One-off economy class return airfare and accommodation allowance (for overseas thesis defence).
6. AWARD PERIOD
The award is tenable for one year in the first instance and is renewable subjected to good performance and progress. The maximum period of the award is 3 years for both Master’s and PhD award recipients.
7. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Award recipient is encouraged to volunteer for the Academy for any research projects and events/conferences.
- Award recipient may not, without the approval of the Academy, hold concurrently any other scholarships, bursaries, study loans, grants or awards.
- Award recipient’s academic performance will be reviewed every semester.
- The scholarship may be withdrawn at any time, in the opinion of the Scholarship committee, if the award recipient’s progress, conduct or, TCM practice record is deemed unsatisfactory. A repayment, at the discretion of the Scholarship committee, may be imposed.
- If the award recipient decides to terminate the award prematurely, a repayment, at the discretion of the Scholarship committee, may be imposed.
8. SERVICE COMMITMENT
Upon completion of studies, award recipient is expected to contribute to the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) related industry/organization registered by TCMPB for the bond period of 3 years for both Master’s and PhD programme.
9. SELECTION PROCEDURE
10. APPLICATION PERIOD AND CLOSING DATE